• An experienced facilitator, trainer and consultant who has worked with a range of clients and industry sectors.
• Strong intercultural experience.
• Creative and innovative.
• Flexible and multi-skilled with over 20yrs experience in all aspects of the Training and Development Industry.
• Specialisms include Coaching and Leadership Development.
• Skilled in the delivery, logistics and organisation of large-scale international
Background and Experience
Ian Wilson has over 26 years’ experience in the field of learning and development, including coaching of individuals, teams and coach training for managers. This has included full time work for a NGO, a large international training company and the last 10 years as an independent consultant. Client groups have included Senior Managers, Graduates, as well as young people with emotional or behavioural challenges.
As well as work in the corporate field Ian is also a high-level coach for white-water kayaking and rock climbing, he uses his experience in this area to strong effect in the use of goal setting, performance review and high performance.
Having worked in many countries and with many nationalities (including living in France and working in the French language) Ian has a strong affinity with Intercultural groups and second language speakers.
His work in this area has allowed him to develop a clear and concise style that does not rely on the complexity and nuances of language that sometimes non-native English speakers find challenging. This has also included group coaching and leadership training sessions where participants have been primarily operating in their native language (Mandarin Chinese) and a finely tuned awareness of non-verbal cues and tone, has allowed the sessions to work effectively.
RBS- Graduate induction event using experiential learning activities (such as Community projects) to develop self-awareness, team and leadership skills. Approx 10 x 1 day events.
Deutsche Bank-Graduate induction event using experiential learning activities (such as Community projects) to develop self-awareness, team and leadership skills. Approx 15 x 3 day events.
African Development Bank-Bi-lingual (Eng/Fr) delivery of 2 day team development programme in Tunisia.
Credit Agricole- design and project management of multi-day team development programmes (in France).
Areas of Expertise
Delivering training programmes for a range of clients. Providing design input to consultancy companies for programmes. Experiential training, Coaching, Leadership development programmes and engaging learning conferences.
Examples of work include;
• European co-design and delivery of a mentoring programme for Senior Managers
• Emotional Intelligence based experiential programme for UAE government department in conjunction with a top business school.
• On-going delivery of 2 day ‘Managing Change’ programme and ‘Coaching for Engagement’ programme.
• On-going delivery of modular 5 day and 12 day Leadership development programmes for Airbus. (Future Leaders,
• First Line Managers and Experienced Manager programmes).
• Bi-lingual delivery of team development programme for African Development Bank in Tunisia.
Professional Qualifications, Accreditation
Ian has a wide range of qualifications including:
• ILM Level 7 Certificate in Executive Coaching and Mentoring
• Coach Practitioner (INLPTA)
• BA (Hons) Management (2.1)
• Transactional Analysis TA 101
• MBTI Step 1 & 2 Certified
• PPA (DISC) certified
• NLP Practitioner (ABNLP and INHNLP)
• Emotional Intelligence training (JCA)
• Certified Business Communications Practitioner
• But above all, he has over 48 years of watching and understanding people, coupled with a desire to help everyone be the best version of themselves they can.
The list of clients that Ian has worked with include:• Airbus
• Deutsche Bank
• Jaguar Land Rover
• INSEAD • St Gobain Glass
• African Development Bank
• Aspen Re
• Global Brands Group
• African Development Bank
• Credit Agricole