A highly experienced and human centric Performance Coach & Trainer with over 10 years’ experience in developing individuals and teams within the fields of Aviation, Engineering, and the Military. Accomplished speaker and facilitator who believes in creating inclusive and inspiring training experiences to enhance the individual’s development journey. A natural born people’s person, with a passion for creating transformative coaching experiences that provide people with the tools to drive positive change across their lives.
Background and Experience
Before becoming a Coach Donna had a successful career within Marketing & Events and was the creator of Business Link in London’s flagship conference ‘We Mean Business’ which attracted up to 500 of London’s SMEs per year. This background in event and project management gave Donna the understanding as to what makes a transformative group learning experience and she applies these insights in her training style today.
Donna’s expertise lies in delivering inclusive and inspiring training experiences which unites teams and gets the best out of each and every person in the room. Donna has an approachable and energetic facilitation style and has provided training solutions for clients on a variety of topics including; Resilience, Leadership, Creating High Performing Teams, Vision Setting, Team Dynamics, and Communication Skills.
Donna is passionate about coaching people to their greatest potential and has shared her advice on Sky News and Euronews, and through her work as a Guest Lecturer at Solent University and Chichester University.
Areas of Expertise
- Delivered personalised and results oriented coaching programmes for over a decade, utilising both established coaching models (e.g., GROW, OSKAR) and self-created tools (based on research from Neuroscience and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) to support a Coachee’s development journey.
- Coached a newly appointed Managing Director on building their public speaking confidence in preparation for an ‘all staff’ briefing to 200 people. This 3-month programme resulted in the Coachee being able to deliver a powerful, values led presentation and initiate team engagement.
- Provided Leadership Coaching based on the principles of authenticity and developing a human centred leadership style to individuals based within a variety of sectors including Aerospace, Engineering and Professional Services.
- Facilitated a Team Coaching solution for a Ministry of Defence (MOD) department designed to build personal and team resilience as they returned to work following the pandemic, supporting the creation of a cohesive and caring team culture.
Training & Facilitating
- Facilitator of a 3-day MOD led resettlement course for people leaving the military from all services (Royal Navy, Marines, Army, RAF), coaching individuals to recognise their wealth of transferable skills, pinpoint the right civilian career path(s) for them and move forward with confidence.
- Built a 3 month ‘Resilience for Managers’ programme for Engineering Managers within the Aerospace sector, resulting in improved communication and a joined-up approach to reducing workplace stress across the department of over 150 people.
- Delivered a bespoke training experience for a well-known cosmetics brand designed to foster psychological safety and trust between the Senior Management Team (SMT) and their people. This project engaged 100 of their Head Office team and resulted in the creation of monthly ‘Tea & Talks’ with the SMT, and the creation of new team wellbeing initiatives.
- Created a bespoke course on ‘Building High Performing Teams’ for a Senior Management Team within the Aerospace sector, resulting in changes to the team engagement strategy.
Communication & Emotional Intelligence
- Employs a number of tools to ensure clear and effective communication between Coach and Coachee, including open questioning, active listening and intention and meaning checking. Supports individuals to express themselves in an authentic way and create self-directed solutions.
- Guest Lecturer at Southampton Solent University and Chichester University, delivering lectures on Personal & Professional Performance, Career Confidence & Progression.
- Contributor for Sky News and Euronews, providing coaching expertise and top tips on Personal Performance.
- Host of The Evolve Company’s ‘Born To’ Podcast, interviewing people from the world of sport to explore the positive impact of sport upon their and other people’s lives, inspiring listeners to step outside their comfort zone and take on personal growth through a new sport.
Relationship & Trust Building
- Mentor to new members of the Military Resettlement Training & Facilitation team, supporting them to build their public speaking confidence and develop effective facilitation skills.
- Coached a talented Engineer - who was feeling demotivated after failing their Professional Review with the Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE) - to rebuild their public speaking confidence and go on to pass this significant career milestone.
- Across 10 years of self-employment, have enjoyed building sincere and long-lasting relationships with partners and stakeholders based in the local community, as well as with well-known brands such as Symprove and Vitabiotics.
Professional Qualifications, Accreditation and memberships
- ILM Level 7 Executive Coaching (commencing Summer 2022)
- Certification in Coaching (Level 5) New Insights UK Ltd (2011)
- Certified Facilitator Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace (EBW), Brentfield Consultancy Ltd (2013)
- BA (Hons) Media Studies, University of Winchester (2004)
- Association for Coaching
- Career Development Institute
- CPD Standards Office
Organisational clients include:
Ministry of Defence
Eric Robinson Solicitors
Hampshire County Council
Coaching clients include:
Senior Manager, Chemicals (Global).
Managing Director, Engineering (UK).
Communications & Marketing Director, Retail (Global).
Head of Department, Public Sector (UK).
Finance Director, Manufacturing (UK).